Monday, September 28, 2009

A note on gender!

Someone pointed out to me that I have been thus far ambiguous as to who I'd like contributing to bombshell. "Feminism is fun for all genders!" I COMPLETELY AGREE. When I first came up with the idea, I was sort of humble in that I assumed that not many people would be interesting in contributing, so I'd only really put out the call for submissions to people who I knew or thought might be interested in feminist issues, or people who I'd had conversations with on the subject; all of these conversations I'd had had been with females. However, I've been pleasantly surprised that a lot more people than I first assumed would be interested are in fact interested, people from all across the gender-spectrum, so I'd like to make it official that this is open to EVERYBODY! The more varied the perspectives, the more interesting and dynamic a zine we'll have, and I'd like everyone to feel welcome, respected and heard. I apologize for earlier ambiguity!

No comments:

Post a Comment